Listed below are the most recent Job Postings that have been added to the SALT Web Site (http://www.salt.org/).
1. Software Application Trainer (Technical Trainer)
ASCD is looking for an experienced Technical Trainer to manage all aspects for
the development and delivery of organization-wide technical training,
documentation, and user support in the use of information technologies used by
or developed by the association for internal and external use. To qualify you
should have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical trainer, with
three years as a senior trainer with responsibility for instructional design and
2. Instructional Designer
The person in this position will design creative e-learning experiences for
primarily nonprofit and education organizations. The instructional designer
collaborates with subject matter experts, content developers and technical
designers to create powerful, engaging learning in a variety of formats. This
position is housed in Portland, Oregon; successful candidates must reside in
greater Portland area or be willing to relocate. Please review the full
3. OD Project Manager
Menomonee Falls, WI
This position actively leads organization development initiatives and projects
or is an integral part of larger, more complex program for the organization.
Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet
changing needs and requirements. Delivers business value by balancing resources,
scope, and time.
4. Instructional Designer / Instructional Technologist
East Lansing, MI
Learning Design & Technology (LearnDAT), IT Services – Teaching and Learning at
Michigan State University has openings for two instructional designer (MSU
classification: Information Technologist) positions. These positions will work
with faculty, university clients and the LearnDAT team (designers, programmers
and students) to consult, develop and produce complete web-based courseware for
online and blended offerings at MSU. For more information please visit
http://jobs.msu.edu and search for posting 6583 and 6584.
To read the full job descriptions on the web site paste the following link into your browser.
Title: Instructional Systems Designer
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Salary Range: up to $100,000
Description and Directions on Applying:
Please contact Philip Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested.
Our client, an organization that develops educational programs tools is in of need of a Copywriter for various Web, Video and Print publications.
This Copywriter position manages activities related to digital and multimedia content, including development and maintenance of online courses and on-demand video and text-based content, as well as assists with the identification of potential areas and products for development
- Manages activities related to the development and maintenance of digital and multimedia products
- Manages and collaborates with internal and external resources (e.g., subject matter experts, graphic designers, copy editors) to ensure digital and multimedia products meet quality standards
- Conducts research and makes editorial decisions related to content
- Serves as a knowledge base resource from a digital and multimedia product and process standpoint and assists internal and external customers as necessary
- Manages multiple priorities by meeting deadlines and attaining high quality output
- Assists internally with digital and multimedia product development decisions
- Communicates, documents, and follows-through on all projects so status is known and delivery deadlines are attained
- Performs other duties as may be required or assigned
- Understanding of instructional design and lesson development, including objective writing
- Knowledge of development lifecycles, processes, and procedures, including long-range planning; product conceptualization and development; template and protocol fidelity; and quality assurance standards.
- Understanding of trends, issues, and customer needs in K–12 education.
- Understanding of product development processes, from conception through course or product release
- Ability to make nuanced content and editorial decisions that successfully balance the perspectives of multiple audiences.
- Ability to set and meet project milestones and work under aggressive deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to negotiate complex editorial issues with subject matter experts and internal team members. Outstanding oral and written communication skills, excellent command of the English language, and proficient use of technology.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple priorities while meeting tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Posting for a friend.
We have the following position available. If you are interested, please forward your resume to: email@example.com.
Diplomatic Language Services (DLS) is a 25-year old company based in the Washington, DC metro area that provides language and cultural training and other related language services to US government and commercial clients. DLS is a fast-growing and dynamic organization offering exceptional career potential.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Program Manager for an upcoming test development program. The project involves test development and proficiency grading in a range of languages.
- Manages DLS program operation, providing team leadership and coordination of requirements between the client and contractor personnel.
- Interface with the client, acting as main point of contact to receive and disseminate feedback to project staff.
- Compile and deliver monthly status reports, among other requested reports, and provide regular written reports on milestones, issues, and successes.
- Monitor and provide notification of any changes in or problems with program administration, including risk mitigation alternatives.
- Collect and report all required testing and evaluation results metrics.
- Ensures that internal and program processes and systems meet performance requirements.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the project team and all applicable parties, ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction through quality performance.
- Manage and deliver training to project personnel.
- Work closely with test developers to set and adhere to a test development schedule.
- Ensure deadlines and project milestones are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in language related field.
- At least 5 years of project management experience.
- Must be eligible for ISA/S clearance.
- Experience in the translation field, specifically with testing and translation test development.
- Knowledge of test grading and test development training programs.
- Knowledge of the Inter-Agency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale.
- Strong ability to effectively interface with government officials, managers, and partners.
- Strong multitasking and interpersonal skills.
- Master’s degree in language related field.
- Possession of ISA/S clearance.
- Experience working with multi-cultural teams.
- High level computer skills.
- Knowledge of one or more languages, in addition to English.
In addition to exciting career challenges and opportunities, DLS offers a dynamic, multicultural environment and a calendar of fun cultural events. To apply, please email us your resume, cover letter and desired salary. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Instructional Systems Specialist
Location: Herndon, VA
Organization: Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration
For description and to apply: http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/315156600
Position closes May 9, 2012
Job Title: Web Developer Trainer/Developer Position
Location: Washington, DC
Organization: Veteran’s Affairs
Description: See attachment
Update Listed below are the most recent Job Postings that have been added to the SALT Web Site (http://www.salt.org/).
Job Title: Manager, Learning Technology
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: LOMA is looking for a Manager of Learning Technology 3 years experience as an LMS Administrator. The Manager will be accountable for (1) administering LOMA’s existing learning management system and contributing to the transition to the new LMS, (2) managing learning portals and implementing LMS-to-LMS integrations for corporate customers, (3) managing relationships with technology vendors and online course vendors who partner with us, and (4) ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction with our e-learning products and services.
Job Title: Instructional Designer
Location: Athens, OH
Description (more details in online posting): Provide consultative support in course design and developing appropriate teaching/learning applications for eLearning courses. .Assist faculty in developing new courses and retooling existing eLearning courses using a selection of effective and efficient strategies for technology-based teaching and learning including use of the Quality Matters Rubric. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with faculty and staff.
Job Title: Learning and Development Administrator
Location: El Segundo, California
Description: The Learning and Development Administrator will be responsible for administering the KARL STORZ North America (KSNA) Learning Management System (LMS). The Learning and Development Administrator will be the primary point of contact for the LMS for all business units within KSNA. This position will work with Site Administrators throughout the organization in order to help them manage their content and assign learning to their employees.
Job Title: Education Technology Specialist
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Description: This position reports directly to the Manager-Outreach, Training & Development. This subject matter expert is the key instructional technology specialist for volunteerism and service throughout AARP. Using best practices, adult learning methodologies and relevant technologies, provides training and support to staff and volunteers on identifying and developing the best educational technology for all types of learning applications.
To read the full job descriptions on the web site paste the following link into your browser. http://www.salt.org/index.htm?salt.asp?pn=joblistall